24X7 Emergency and Trauma Care
Sree Vasantham Hospital’s "next generation Responder" makes medical transportation safer for patients, in turn allowing for better patient care, both before & during transport
We have wider experience in Critical Care Medicine, including managing Strokes, Heart Attack victims, Poisoning, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Snake Bites, Burns, Attempted Hanging, Gun Shot Wounds and Road Traffic Accidents.
We also have extensive experience in managing disasters, viz. managing many victims of accidents at the same time.
Trauma & Emergency Centre: Level 4
3 beds exclusively for managing emergency situations to manage poly-trauma victims (patients having head injury, chest injury, abdomen injury and limb injury, all at the same time).
It functions round-the-clock. 24-hour availability of X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT Scan, Diagnostic laboratories. 24-hour availability of specialists at short notice, if required, to deal with any type of emergency situations. Availability of fully-equipped 2 operation theatres, which are functional 24 hours a day 6 Ambulances, 3 within the Hospital & 3 located outside the Hospital Service.
Stabilizing the vital signs at the site of occurrence of the emergency, is mandatory for excellent outcome.
GOLDEN HOUR: The first hour after the occurrence of an Emergency, Accident or Trauma is the golden hour, when every minute matters to save the life of the patient. Delay in diagnosing and stabilizing the patient results in more brain or myocardial damage.
Our Emergency Medical Transport Ambulance
- Our emergency medical transport ambulance is designed considering the frequency of accidents on Indian roads. In the rare event of an accident involving our ambulance, the vehicles design will ensure patient safety.
- The ambulance is air-conditioned to avoid road pollution, which could infect the patient.
- The ambulance is equipped with: The doctor is able to organize specialist consultation in the base hospital immediately and continue the resuscitation to make the patient live, for which he is shifted to the base Hospital.
- The doctor is able to assess the condition of the patient not only at the starting point, but throughout the journey and communicate with the base Hospital till he reaches the Base Hospital, and also experienced in managing shock and cardiac events and is able to deliver external shock, if required
- Proper medical and para medical personnel to resuscitate the patient at the site of the accident or at the primary health center or similar hospitals to stabilize the patient.
- Ventilator (respirator) to be used in patients with respiratory failure.
- Pacemaker if the patient has a heart block.
- Ambu box containing 350 types of medicines
- Suction apparatus
- Non-invasive BP apparatus
- The doctor has assistance of paramedical technicians, who should be well versed with handling any type of critical events.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- Cardiac monitor
- Oxygen supply
- Pulse Oxymeter to check the oxygen level